Monday, May 01, 2006

Hazy Outlook

My view on the world today is a little hazy. Having Fibromyalgia can really make things look fuzzy when I don't feel my best. Chronic pain can overtake your life if you let it drag you down.
My theory is to accept it, embrace it and fight back.

Don't get me wrong I can have really bad days but happily today I'm still functional. I'm at work not laying on my bed at home. I'm alert and not tired but I feel like I'm moving through water. Anyone with Fibro would understand the weird sort of haze that surrounds me. I feel like I'm moving in super slow-motion, even though I don't look like it. It's difficult to explain.

Exercise will help! No dairy, no coffee, no alcohol, get plenty of rest, exercise but don't over due it, blah blah blah. I'll walk after work. Hopefully I can ward off a flare. It's too nice in NYC this week to not feel well.

For those of you who don't know what Fibromyalgia is - the best description in my opinion is on the Mayo Clinic website at: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fibromyalgia/DS00079.

0 comments: