Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Books, Books & More Books!

I love to read. I currently have three books started at the moment. My mood dictates what I read - and my book club schedule. I'm currently reading A Death in Belmont by Sebastian Junger, Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi and a book of poetry entitled Another America by Barbara Kingsolver. I also read The New Yorker every week.

My favorite thing to read, though, is a magazine entitled The SUN. It has been around for decades. It's very liberal, it carries absolutely NO advertising (I love this about them!), it often publishes articles that you would never find anywhere else because of their opinion, outlook, personal nature and/or risky topic and the black and white photography that graces its' pages is stunning. They'll even send you a trial issue for free. I strongly recommend that you sign up for a copy - if you hate it just write cancel on the bill.

0 comments: