Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Symphony in the Park

Yes, yes I went last night after much debate. As I left work and was walking in the heat I decided that I was already sweaty and gross so why not go sweat some more. I joined my friend Jen, her boyfriend Michael and their friends on the Great Lawn for good wine, conversation, friendship and the New York Philharmonic.

It was hot! Then it sprinkled and the temperature dropped about 10 degrees. The music started and it was a wonderful evening ending with fireworks - which always make me feel like I'm 6 years old.

As thousands of people left the lawn it started to rain. Oops let me correct that it started to pour. The thunder was loud, the lightening bright, the wind strong and the rain came down so hard. Happily I had an umbrella but I still was soaked by the time I walked home. The rain was amazing but even more amazing was thousands of adults walking in the rain as if they were kids again. Joy!

0 comments: