Sunday, October 22, 2006

Reality check - I come first...

I've recently reintroduced myself to me. Let me explain...

My job has been very stressful lately. I've been involved in a project that was supposed to end a month ago - well, that didn't happen. It has been very difficult and stressful. I, of course throw myself into a project and in doing so basically I now find myself drowning. The project still isn't done, it isn't my fault, accept that I don't have patience anymore and I'm exhausted.

I've decided that I need to embrace where I am. I need to accept that the project isn't done, that it is ok that I don't have patience, that it will take much more time than anticipated and that I deserve to take some time and focus on me in the meantime.

So last weekend I took Friday and Monday off. Friday I spent the day at the Metropolitan Museum of Art specificaly at the Cézanne to Picasso exhibit. Monday I spent sleeping and fighting a Fibro-flare. This weekend I'm still fighting the Fibro-flare which I think peaked on Friday so I've been laying low this weekend; watching movies, sleeping, hanging out with friends for coffee.

The past week has made me realized that I haven't been taking the best care of me during this project. Priority Lori . . stay tuned.

0 comments: